- Campus Life
Admission into the Doctor of Education program is open to all applicants who hold a master's or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution or a recognized international institution of higher education. The admission decision will be based on the following:
1. A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the major field of study. Under special circumstances, a candidate with an extensive work history or other overriding qualifications may be admitted with a slightly lower GPA.
2. An interview with the program director or a member of the faculty, if deemed necessary.
3. A completed application detailing personal, academic, and professional goals, and reasons for pursuing doctoral study; chosen academic concentration; and several key questions for inquiry that guide the development of the degree plan.
4. Three professional recommendations, one of which should be from individuals qualified to evaluate the candidate's academic and practitioner skills, as well as suitability for mentored study.
5. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 for applicants whose native language is not English.