- PSY425: Counseling Theory and Practice*
- EDC483: Principles and Practices of Guidance*
- PSY519: Theoretical Basis for School Counseling Practice*
- PSY614: Psychology of Development
- PSY657: Psychology of the Exceptional Child
- PSY516: Issues and Ethics in Psychology
- PSY517: Theories of Learning Disabilities
- PSY505: Group Counseling
- PSY558: Therapeutic Techniques
- PSY407: Applied Research Methodology
* Master of Arts in School Adjustment Counseling completed.
Total Credits - 30
- PSY515: Advanced Abnormal Psychology
- PSY532: Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse
- PSY409: Diagnostic Psychoeducational Assessment*
- PSY525: Advanced Counseling Theory and Practice II*
- PSY429: Juveniles and the CJ System*
- CRJ495: Substance Abuse Issues in Criminal Justice
- PSY560: Advanced Practicum in School Adjustment Counseling
* Now eligible for Initial License (completion of all course work and advanced practicum field work).
With the completion of the Initial License, the student is employable as a school adjustment counselor. The initial license expires at the end of five (5) years. (This 5 year period begins with the individual's first job as a school adjustment counselor).
The Professional License requires: (1) a total of three (3) years working in the field as a school adjustment counselor, (2) a College-supervised clinical experience which can be done on the job, and (3) a total of sixty (60) graduate credits. The Clinical Experience is six (6) credits.
- PSY604A: Clinical Experience in School Adjustment
Total Credits – 60
* CAGS is now completed. Candidate eligible for Professional License in School Adjustment Counseling.
With the completion of the College-supervised clinical experience, the student has the sixty (60) graduate credits required for both professional level licensure and for a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS). The CAGS is the specialist level degree and is thirty (30) credits above the Master's Degree.
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885