- PSY425: Counseling Theory and Practice*
- EDC483: Principles and Practices of Guidance*
- EDC519: Theoretical Basis for School Counseling Practice*
- PSY614: Psychology of Development
- PSY657: Psychology of the Exceptional Child
- PSY516: Issues and Ethics in Psychology
- PSY517: Theories of Learning Disabilities
- PSY505: Group Counseling
- PSY558: Therapeutic Techniques
- PSY407: Applied Research Methodology
*Master of Arts in School Guidance Counseling completed.
Total Credits - 30
- PSY515: Advanced Abnormal Psychology
- PSY532: Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse
- PSY409: Diagnostic Psychoeducational Assessment*
- PSY525: Advanced Counseling Theory and Practice II*
- PSY401: Group Testing
- EDC488: Occupational Information*
- EDC471: Practicum in Guidance Counseling
Eligible for Initial License in Guidance (completion of all course work and advanced practicum field work).
With completion of the Initial license, the student is employable as a guidance counselor.
The initial license expires at the end of five (5) years. (This 5 year period begins with the individual's first job as a guidance counselor.)
The Professional License requires: (1) three years working in the field as a guidance counselor, (2) a College-supervised clinical experience which can be done on the job, and (3) sixty (60) graduate credits.
The Clinical Experience is six (6) credits.
- PSY604B: Clinical Experience in Guidance (6 credits)
Total Credits - 60
Candidate receives CAGS and is eligible for Professional License in Guidance.
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885