- Campus Life
American International College's MSAT program prepares students for advanced positions in the field of accounting by exploring both fundamental and specialized topics, and combining accounting theory with practice. The curriculum familiarizes students with a wide range of current accounting issues, as well as the analytical approach necessary to make accountants effective business partners to senior management. Graduates may pursue a career in the following settings:
The 30 credit MSAT program is in conformity with the licensing requirements for state CPA examinations.
1. Impart technical skills in all of the major areas of accounting, including auditing, financial reporting, taxation, and control systems.
2. Become knowledgeable about important rulings and accounting standards and how they affect business decision making:
3. Understand the legal and ethical environment as it applies to the work of professional accountants.
4. Be familiar with the major sources of information on auditing, accounting, and taxation.
5. Demonstrate business communication, motivation, and influencing skills at the level of a professional manager and support these with effective verbal and written presentations.
1. Performance on the CPA exam
2. Capstone course - Seminar in Contemporary Accounting Issues - GAT890
3. Controllership and Financial Planning - GAT875
4. Advanced Auditing and Fraud Examination