Understand the application of methods used in the social sciences, arts and humanities to the study and practice of business.
Understand each business discipline and the role of management in integrating each discipline into a coherent strategy.
Develop core management skills and understanding of key concepts:
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Cultural differences and principles of global management
- Computer technology and information literacy
- Methods used to recruit, organize, direct, and evaluate employees
- Principles of employment law and best practices in employee relations
- Leadership theories and their application to specific business situations
- Teamwork, group dynamics, conflict and communication as applied to effective management
- Strategic planning and competitive analysis
- Organization theory and firm governance
- Change management and process improvement
- Quantitative Methods and their application to business problem solving
- Key financial and accounting ideas needed for effective management
- Functioning of labor markets
- Effective written communication (reports, e-mail, business memos) and oral communication (presentation building and delivery)
Demonstrate effective critical thinking as applied to the analysis of business problems.
Skills and Competencies Table
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885