Understand the principles of business management and how they apply to the sports industry.
Understand how each business discipline contributes to building effective business models and best practices in the industry.
Develop the core skills and competencies of successful managers and learn their application to sport:
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Sound financial management, including the ability to manage costs and build revenue through return on investment
- Effective market research that leads to sound marketing strategy and creative use of the marketing mix, including deploying web 2.0 methods to expand the customer and fan base of sports organizations
- Economic analysis of market structure and business models used in the industry and the unique ways that sports organizations use these to create value for their owners
- Use of modern management techniques - strategic planning and competitive analysis, motivation theory, empowerment, total quality, and statistical analysis - to improve the performance of teams and organizations
- Use of the internet and digital communications to enhance team effectiveness and the fan experience
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation building to influence decision makers and sell ideas
- International dimensions and expansion opportunities
Demonstrate effective critical thinking as applied to analysis of the sports industry.
Skills and Competencies Table
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885