- Consumer and Organizational Behavior: Understand buyer behavior and how it serves as a foundation for creating marketing strategy.
- Market Segmentation: Understand various bases of segmentation, how to evaluate the attractiveness of different segments, and various segmentation coverage strategies.
- Product Positioning and Branding Strategies: Understand the concept of differentiation, positioning to create and enhance the perceived value of a brand, brand equity, and branding strategies.
- Integrated Marketing Communications: Understand marketing communication strategy and gain a working knowledge of how to manage the promotional mix and other tools for IMC.
- Pricing: Understand pricing strategies at both the brand and product line levels.
- Channels of Distribution: Understand the use of distribution as a source of competitive advantage, the use of multiple channels of distribution, and managing the firm's supply chain.
- Marketing Strategy: Understand strategic planning process (SWOT) and how to create a marketing plan.
- Apply substantive knowledge to marketing situations (cases, scenarios) analytically.
- Identify and understand latest trends in technology (hard and soft) affecting marketing (eg social networking, web 2.0, etc.).
- Effectively produce, interpret, analyze written text, oral messages, and multimedia presentations used in business.
Skills and Competencies Table
|Course||Skills and Competencies|
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885