Supervisor of Clinical-Nursing Adjunct
Posted: Oct 29 2013
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 60+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. Founded in 1885, the College has 3500 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC is accepting applications for the Supervisor of Clinical-Nursing Adjunct for our nursing program, Spring 2014. This position is for the provision of clinical supervision of nursing students during on site clinical experiences at various clinical facilities. The clinical supervisor will be responsible for a clinical group and hours will be based on the individual course needs. The supervisor will also be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with the Director and Course Coordinators in directing student learning experiences as appropriate for assigned clinical area.
- Prepare students to safely and effectively perform clinical skills.
- Coordinate student learning experiences with clinical agencies/nursing services staff.
- Negotiate with Course Nursing Faculty and clinical agencies to organize student orientation at the agency including any additional training that might be needed (such as computer and/or equipment training).
- Select studentís daily clinical assignments.
- Direct student learning experiences as appropriate for assigned area.
- Conference with and counsel students as indicated. This includes collaborating with the course coordinator to assist students with issues related to achieving success in the clinical area.
- Conference with Course Nursing Faculty regarding student issues/problems/progress.
- Evaluate student assignments and provide constructive feedback.
- Complete student clinical evaluations.
- Initiate incident reports related to students and alert Course Nursing Faculty and the Chair of the situation.
- Participate in course planning and evaluation as well clinical site evaluation.
- Collaborate with Director and Faculty to identify future developments in health care systems related to clinical learning.
- A minimum of an earned Baccalaureate of Nursing with two years of full-time clinical experience relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Hold a current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts, or be eligible to obtain a Massachusetts Registered Nurse license.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education
- Established ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to perform above job description.
The Supervisor of Clinical-Nursing Adjunct is a part-time hourly position. This is a non-benefit eligible position. Work hours are flexible to the needs of the program/department.
Qualified applicants must electronically submit a cover letter, current resume or CV summarizing your qualifications and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
American International College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.