Please note: You may be prompted for your library login. Students only: - If your FirstClass login id does not begin with an "S," you may need to add an "S" to the beginning of it to log in.
- Complete list of journals by title
- Look here for specific journals by title or subject.
All of the print and electronic journals that Shea Library subscribes to are listed here by title and major subject area.
(Do not search for topics here; look here only if you already know exactly which journal or article you want.)
- Cochrane Library
- Provides access to the Cochrane Library, a collection of medical databases. Includes full-text reviews of medical research and abstracts of clinical trials.
- Copyright Clearance Center
- Provides information on the legal use of copyrighted materials for academic purposes.
See a tutorial on how to use Copyright Clearance Center.
- Credo Reference
- A collection of reference resources - including dictionaries, encyclopedias, biographical sources, journals, and quotations - covering a wide range of disciplines.
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- A directory of freely accessible scholarly journals available on the Web.
- EBSCO Databases
- Academic Search Premier - General academic database covering a variety of disciplines.
Business Source Premier - Business database with over 1000 full-text business publications, including news, company profiles, and peer-reviewed journals.
- CINAHL with Full-Text - Nursing and allied health database for scholarly journals and research studies.
- eBook Collection - Electronic books covering a wide variety of academic subjects.
See a tutorial on how to use the eBook collection.
- ERIC - Educational Resource Information Center, which indexes over a million education - related documents.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition - Nursing and allied health journals as well as the American Hospital Formulary Service Consumer Medication Information (AHFS).
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts - Abstracts and citations from hundreds of library and information science related journals.
- Medline - From the National Library of Medicine, Medline is the authoritative medical database, covering medicine, nursing, public health, clinical research, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
- NoveList - Provides information on fiction, including book reviews, book discussions, title lists, and author read-alikes.
- PsycARTICLES - Thousands of full-text, peer reviewed articles in psychology.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection - A multidisciplinary database covering psychology, psychiatry, social sciences, and much more. Full-text access is available here for hundreds of publications.
- PsycINFO - Citation and abstract database for millions of scholarly and research articles, books, and dissertations. PsycINFO is the premier citation database for psychology.
- Regional Business News - Full text coverage for regional business publications incorporating more than 80 regional business publications covering metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- Teacher Reference Center - Abstracts and citations from more than 200 educational journals.
- Gale Databases
- Academic Onefile - General news, periodicals, and peer-reviewed journals with an academic focus, covering a variety of disciplines.
- General Onefile - General news and periodicals on a wide range of topics.
- General Reference Center Gold - General reference database with articles and information from many different sources, including reference books, newspapers, trade publications, and other periodicals.
- Expanded Academic ASAP - General academic articles from peer- reviewed journals covering a wide range of disciplines.
- General BusinessFile ASAP - Trade publications, company directories, and broker research reports as well as general business news.
- Health Reference Center Academic - A variety of general health information, including full-text scholarly journals for nursing and allied health.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - A collection of electronically accessible reference books.
- Massachusetts History Online - Full-text articles relating to Massachusetts history.
- The New York Times - Searchable full-text of the newspaper with coverage back to 1995.
- Educator's Reference Complete - Full- text academic journals and other education- related documents, many of which are also indexed in ERIC.
- Biography in Context - More than 600,000 biographies of notable people.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism - Over 10,000 critical essays on contemporary authors with multiple search options.
- News, business, and legal information, including full-text newspapers and periodicals from all over the world, company profiles and histories, SEC filings, press releases, case law, and legal briefs.
- OT Databases
- OT Search - Searchable catalog of books and other resources relating to Occupational Therapy.
- OT Seeker - Abstracts of scholarly occupational therapy articles and research studies.
- Oxford University Press Databases
- Oxford Art Online - Biographical information, criticism, and high quality photos of the work of many major artists.
- Oxford English Dictionary - Online version of the Oxford English Dictionary, the most authoritative resource for the meanings and history of words in the English language.
- Proquest Databases
- ProQuest Central - Collection of ProQuest databases, including Criminal Justice Periodicals, ABI Inform, and an extensive collection of newspapers.
- Dissertation Abstracts - Abstracts of doctoral dissertations from all over the world in a variety of disciplines.
- PubMed Central
- A selection of publicly available medical research articles from the Medline database.
- SAGE Premier
- More than 550 scholarly, peer-reviewed journals from SAGE Publications, with full-text access going back to 1999. Includes collections in Education, Psychology and Criminal Justice.
Trying to do research and having trouble? Can't make it to campus to meet with a librarian?
Try our Chat Reference service! When you fill out the Reference Request form, tell us that you need a "chat reference appointment." At the confirmed appointment time, log in to FirstClass. You will receive an instant message request from Library Reference. Once you accept the request, your reference session will begin!
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885