Summer Summit Days

AIC Summer Summit Days are the official beginning of your college career. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to campus! We’ll make sure you have everything you need to be completed, so you’re ready to get started at AIC this fall.

2024 Summer Summit Days

All 2024 Summer Summit Days will be held in-person on the AIC campus throughout the summer, that way you can choose the date and time that works best for you. Plan on taking the appropriate time off from work and/or other personal responsibilities, as you will be engaged in a Summer Summit Day for the below times.

While many of our Summer Summit Days have already passed this year, incoming students can register for our last available date:


  • Thursday August 1st, 9:00am to 3:00pm

Register here:


Financial Literacy:

AIC understands that paying for college can feel overwhelming. To help students better understand their student bill, their payment options, and what aid may be available to them, all students and their families will be meeting one on one with a team of Student Accounts and Financial Aid representatives to discuss first-year finances during their Summer Summit Day. We encourage you to have a completed FAFSA prior to registering for a Summer Summit Day as this will help us best assist you during the Student Financial Success session.



Have questions? Check out the FAQ’s and important links below. You can also call the Admissions Office at 413.205.3201 or email

Can I have a car on campus as a first year student?

Yes, first year students can have a car on campus you will have to buy a parking permit for your car.

Where can I buy a parking permit for my car?

You can go onto to purchase a parking permit. Prices may vary depending on what spaces are available. Generally, permits go on sale towards the end of the summer.

How can I get an on campus job?

Going onto the AIC Beeline will provide you with a list of jobs that are available on campus for Federal work study as well as job in the local area that do not require work study funds. To find the Beeline you can go to

Where can I find my student bill information?

If you log into myAIC you can find all of your billing information under “My Profile”. Under this tab you will be able to see your student billing information, monitoring monthly payments, and insurance waiver information.

Do I need health insurance from the college? Can I waive the insurance?

Health insurance from the college is not mandatory for students who already have health insurance that is equivalent or greater than what is offered by the college. You do have the option of waiving your insurance to find out the qualifying guidelines for the waiver you can visit The waiver will be available June 15th, 2020.

How do I get involved on campus?

AIC offers over 30 clubs and organizations on campus. There will be a fall and spring campus involvement fair for students to browse and learn about active clubs looking for new members. Check out ENGAGE at for upcoming events and ways to get involved.

What are Buzz Bucks and what can I use my Buzz Bucks for?

Each student who has a meal plan is eligible to receive a set amount of money that can be used for any food sources on campus such as “The Hive”, Starbucks, and the Dinning Commons. Buzz Bucks can also be used at a local Dominos.

What can a typical day look like for a first year student?

As a first year student you will typically have anywhere between two or three classes a day. If you participate in athletics, then scheduled practices and games will be a part of your day. You may have the chance to hang out with friends in between classes and grab a meal as well. Depending on the day of the week or month there will be tons of campus events for you to engage in hosted by the student activities board.

I’m a commuter student what can I do in between classes?

If you’re a commuter looking for a place to hang out in between classes AIC has it covered. There are multiple spaces on campus that can be utilized for commuter students to relax. Colaccino lounge located in the campus center is a home for commuters along with a downstairs space that allows for socializing, and provided locker space to safely store all your needs for the day. Students are also welcomed to use any available classroom space, but of course the library is always a great place to start.

How can I get around campus?

Going to a school with two separate campuses can be a hassle to walk luckily we have a shuttle for transportation. The shuttle service is available Monday- Sunday at varying times. The school provides an app to track the exact time of arrival to each stop.

What are fun things to do on the weekend around the city?

With AIC being in the middle of Springfield city there are so many things to participate in. We have a number of shops, restaurants, and two shopping malls 15 minutes in each direction of campus. Springfield has a casino that offers a number of activities such a bowling, ice skating (weather based), concerts, food trucks, movie theaters, and much more. One of our most iconic events is the Big Eastern Exposition this event kicks off the school year with food venders from the New England states. AIC is just 15 minutes away from all the magic and it is a popular pick among our students.

How does AIC keep our campus safe?

Safety is key when it comes to our students we always do our best to protect you. In each residence hall you will find that they are key card access and some even require a pin code. Around campus we have multiple blue lights in visible and plain sight to contact Campus Police immediately. Alongside all of the in person precautions we have an alert system available for all students. They may have alerts sent directly to their personal cell phones for all campus wide announcements and urgent messages.

Where can I buy books for class?

Books for class can be found in the campus book store and some students use outside sources to purchase books as well. Once you receive your schedule you can go to this link will allow you to search materials for each class. There may be some classes that require a textbook be purchased from our school store directly.

Do I automatically get a mailbox at school?

Each student will not be assigned a mailbox at school. In order to have a mailbox you will have to request one at the college mailroom.

How large can I expect my classes to be?

On average a classroom size would be 16:1. This sizing allows for close and meaningful connections with your professor.

What if I move in on campus and things aren’t working out with my roommate how can I change my roommate?

We encourage you to first talk with your Resident Assistant (student employee that lives on your floor) to discuss what’s happening and try and find a solution. If that doesn’t work we have full-time Resident Directors in every Residence Hall and our Residence Life staff located on the second floor of the Schwartz Campus Center here to assist you. Making sure you’re comfortable and safe is our first priority!

What should I bring with me to college?

As you begin to prepare for college you should consider things that will be important to have with you. You should bring bedding, clothes appropriate for the weather, hygiene and bathing products, food, school supplies, and of course an open mind. You should consider bringing a small piece of home with you. Pictures are always a great idea, stuffed animals, and anything else to make your space feel like home away from home. You should also connect with your future roommate to discuss shared items like small refrigerators (up to 4.0 cubic feet) and microwaves. For more Residence Life information feel free to check out

What is the application process to apply for an accommodation through The Center for Accessibility Services and Academic Accommodations?

  • Students need to contact the Center for Accessibility Services – meaning self-disclose. Upon contact, they will be given a Request for Accommodations application to fill out and return as well as a copy of the Documentation Policy.
  • Once the application and all necessary documentation have been submitted, the Center will review and make a determination of eligibility for accommodations being sought.
  • If approved, a letter of accommodation will be given to the student.

What documentation is needed to submit with the application for an accommodation?

  • Students will need to submit the following:
    • A letter from an appropriate professional (medical doctor, psychologist, or other qualified diagnostician) showing that the student has a current disability and need for a reasonable accommodation.
    • An individualized education program (IEP) or Section 504 plan that shows accommodations that the student has received and may have been effective in the past.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

Yes. Most financial aid offices require that you apply for financial aid every year. If your financial circumstances change, you may get more or less aid. After your first year you will receive a “Renewal Application” which contains preprinted information from the previous year’s FAFSA. Note that your eligibility for financial aid may change significantly, especially if you have a different number of family members in college. Renewal of your financial aid package also depends on your making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree, such as earning a minimum number of credits and achieving a minimum GPA.

I got an outside scholarship. Should I report it to the financial aid office?

Yes. If you are receiving any kind of financial aid from university or government sources, you must report the scholarship to the financial aid office.

Besides federal grants and loans, where can I go to find college financial aid?

In addition to federal grants, loans, and other types of aid (such as Pell Grants, Direct Loans, and the Federal Work-Study Program), students can receive financial aid from state agencies, individual schools, and a variety of community organizations. Usually, the FAFSA is the only form you need to apply for state financial aid, but you should check with your state agency to see if more information is required. Most schools have their own financial aid programs, and use your FAFSA results for those too. There are other independent sources — through community organizations, churches, and private organizations — that award financial aid to students. Remember that you do not have to pay anyone to help you find aid, and if you have questions, you can reach out to the financial aid office.

Can I get a job on campus?

We have a wide variety of student jobs available on campus. There are positions available in the Admissions Office, the Library, Athletics, the Dining Commons, the Bookstore, Financial Aid, and more. Students normally work around 8–10 hours per week and are paid Massachusetts minimum wage.

Are there other loans that I use to help pay for my education?

There two types of loan available to you to help pay for you education. Parent PLUS Loans and Alternative Loans.

Parent PLUS Loans
An unsubsidized federal loan program for parents of dependent undergraduates. Parents may borrow up to the cost of education, less other financial aid received by the student. The interest rate is also set annually. Unlike Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans, the parent will need to apply online at in order to receive a Parent PLUS Loan. The application takes a few moments to complete and is non-binding. Additionally, if the parent is not approved for a PLUS loan, students’ receive an additional Unsubsidized Loan instead.

Alternative Loans
Students and families may borrow up to the cost of education less financial aid received annually. AIC does not endorse any particular alternative loan lender. Any alternative loan a student chooses should be based solely on student and or family research and opinion. Alternative loans and or private loans are different from federal direct loans, are not guaranteed by the government, involve a credit check, and often require a credit-worthy co-signer. AIC recommends that alternative loans be used as a last resort after utilizing all other forms of financial aid. To apply for an alternative loan, view our list of suggested lenders.

Important Links & Action Items:

Student Accounts Important Links & Action Items:

  • Students can also access the following by logging into their MyAIC portal:
    • Review Statement and Initiate Your Payment Arrangements
    • Direct Payment to AIC by cash, check or credit card
    • Monthly Payment Plan to
    • Apply for an Alternative Education Loan or Federal Parent Plus Loan
    • Send documentation of other funding sources, like scholarships, to AIC
    • Contact the Offices of Financial Aid or Student Accounts for additional assistance
Site map

© 2024 American International College