Applying for Educational Benefits

You may apply for your VA education benefits with the Veterans Administration online (preferable) or obtain a hard copy of the application form (VA Form 22-1990) that can be processed and mailed to the VA Regional Processing Office at 130 South Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14202. The VA will issue the corresponding approval paperwork which you should then submit to the Certifying Official. Your attendance must be verified by the Certifying Official initially and each semester thereafter.

American International College Certifying Official is located in Lee Hall

For a complete road map to help you apply and submit an online application, go to

Important Information about Military Separation/Discharge Papers A Report of Separation (DD214) is issued upon completion of at least 90 consecutive days of active duty service in the military, and is needed to verify military service for educational benefits. It is important to retain this document for your records because requesting a duplicate from the VA may take longer than expected. If you do not have your Discharge Papers, use this link to request them

Below are several links that will get you started and will provide you with the information you need to take advantage of your benefits.

Please contact the Registrar's Office Certifying Official noted above if you have questions that are not answered by the Web sites below or if you need assistance with the process.

U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs

VA Online Application for Educational Benefits

Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)

MGIB Verification

AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885